Quality Assurance Analyst
Quality Assurance, Full-time
Transcendent founded in 1987, is a turn-key solutions developer for the telecommunications, lodging, and public utilities industries providing access to customer, employee, and asset information beyond the traditional office. Our office is based in Oldsmar, FL.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is to provide the means and also the measures for testing all the aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically. In order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution.
- Creating end-to-end test plans
- Executing a plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that the results are documented, all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected
- Solution testing in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems
- Ensure that testing is well defined, planned, executed and documented
- Confirm that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product is released
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of team deliverables
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – Ability to write test plans and test cases and communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders efficiently
- Creative solving of technical problems – Ensures the ability to translate technical requirements to test plans
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – Ability to find defects and bugs quickly
- BS or BA degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments, including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications
- Liaison with development, project management, and customer support
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive salaries and excellent benefits are provided with a minimum waiting period. Some of our benefits include an IRA with 3% company match, vacation, paid holidays, comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, company paid short term, long term, and life insurance plans.
Please Apply with Our Quick 3-Minute Application.