Mintek has been able to offer asset solutions to major MSO’s through traditional CPE Management and provide reporting on the performance of their assets, including equipment, amplifiers, and other fixed assets. Now, Mintek has upgraded their reporting software for clients allowing them to access files more quickly and efficiently while interacting in a more animated way than before.
Reporting in a new light
Now, when I say animated, I do not mean 3-D printing or 3-D imaging, we are not there yet, but one day we just might be. I am talking about taking the traditional pie chart or bar graph and making it so that the consumer can drill down to the tiniest of data points and explore those points even further. This new Business Intelligence Module will be released publicly June 1st, 2015, but we are giving you a sneak peek of its features and capabilities to show the benefits to having a strong reporting system for your CPE management strategy.
Mintek has incorporated its own embedded code with the new Business Intelligence (BI) software to give its customers a more in depth look of their company’s data.
The new software will include the following features:
- Drill down capability
- World View – Chart showing all countries using software
- Comparison reports – View multiple reports/ data at one time
- Flip capability – Switch from one item/chart to the next
- Print function – Consumers were not able to print in the old software, but now have the ability to print or export to a pdf or Excel
- Schedule function – Schedule reporting to be pulled weekly, monthly, etc.
- Personalization – Change backgrounds to match different users
- Higher quality dashboard capability- Show multiple charts within one report, display multiple data points, and ability to filter by date, to name a few
These new capabilities give customers a cleaner and more direct way to get the data they want. The older version only allowed to see in a 2-D spectrum, where the new report allows the customer the illusion of seeing items in a 3-D perspective.
Another great feature is the vision chart, which shows multiple reports at the same time as seen in the images above. One report in particular is the Heat Map, which shows graphical representation of data where the individual values contained in a matrix are represented as colors. All these features and more will allow customers to identify successes and issues earlier to see what to capitalize on and what needs adjusting.
Business Benefits to CPE Management
When considering your company’s assets and management practices, it starts at the bottom: the infrastructure. Without a steady infrastructure, nothing could be built upon or even stand on its own. This is the same for your company’s management system. Mintek has the ability to help maintain that level infrastructure but also gives you the tools and management to notice issues and ways of improvement. Below are just some of the benefits to using a proper management system:
- System of record for all your customer equipment
- Removes traditional billing systems for inventory management
- Secure access from all integration points
- Mobile device support
- Consistent processing throughout facilities
- Ability to decrease labor costs and increase revenue
So, when it comes down to it, wouldn’t you want to have the best of both worlds and have a strong management system, with a helpful team, and a great reporting tool?