Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on facility owners and their need for a way to track maintenance issues and the automotive industry and how preventive maintenance can help protect against safety errors.
- Tesla Denies Safety Problems With Model S Suspensions by The Associated Press, Electric car maker Tesla Motors is denying allegations that there are safety problems with its vehicle suspensions.
- What Drives Asset Life Cycle Costs by R. Keith Mobley, Facility owners discuss their facility life cycle costs and the main driver behind them: maintenance.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on expansion in major cable providers and new ownership among brands.
- Gigabites: Nokia Woos Cable’s Gigabit Leaders by Mari Silbey, In today’s edition, Nokia invests in the cable gigabit market, Huawei claims an industry-first 10-Gig platform for HFC networks, several service providers expand their gigabit deployments and more.
- Verizon’s Shammo Ties Yahoo to Go90 by Mari Silbey, Verizon CFO Fran Shammo wasn’t keen to talk in depth about the telco’s reported $3 billion bid for struggling Internet company Yahoo at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2016 Telecom & Media Conference. He did however draw a line between Yahoo and Verizon’s own Go90 video service.
- Cable Goes to Google-Land by Mari Silbey, A long-time cable personality is now headed off to run a division of Alphabet, parent company to Google. Alphabet announced the appointment of Marwan Fawaz to the position of CEO at Nest late last week, replacing Nest founder Tony Fadell who stepped down at the same time.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.