Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Manufacturing
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against weather damages and facility monitoring.
- Porter Ranch gas leak: Legal woes mount for SoCalGas reported by Michael Martinez, The Southern California Gas Company will be charged with a connection to a gas leak at its Aliso Canyon facility that has caused thousands of people to relocte in the suburb of Porter Ranch.
- Tornadoes Damage College, Church, Prison in Mississippi and Alabama by Alex Johnson and Alastair Jamieson, Residents were clearing up Wednesday after at least five tornadoes tore across Mississippi and Alabama, destroying homes and damaging buildings including a college, a church and a federal prison.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on expansions in top provider’s services and a new rule possibly being set by the FCC.
- Comcast Reveals First D3.1 Gigabit Cities by Mari Silbey, With limited information on timing, and zero information on price, Comcast announced its first five cities targeted for DOCSIS 3.1 deployments yesterday. Atlanta and Nashville will see gigabit broadband service powered by D3.1 tech in “early 2016,” with Chicago, Detroit and Miami following in the latter half of the year.
- FCC Ready to Rule on Set-Top Overhaul: Report by Mari Silbey, The Wall Street Journal reports that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is ready to rule on those recommendations with a decision that will cheer open set-top advocates like Google and TiVo Inc., but greatly anger the pay-TV operator community
- Beating Netflix: The Pay-TV Market in 2016 by Mari Silbey, Facing a swell of competition from online video services, traditional pay-TV providers in the US are trying a number of different ways to retain existing subscribers and attract new ones. Find out what your cable provider is doing to stay in competition with Netflix.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.