Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMSsoftware.
- Tricks Of The Trade: Continuing Education By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP, answers a question regarding which FM certification is best for facility managers. He compares BOMI, IRMA and APPA certifications.
- When Is Condition-Based Maintenance Worth It? By Food Processing Staff, points out a few differences between preventive maintenance and condition based maintenance and how they are used.
- Maintenance Planning, Scheduling Deliver To The Bottom Line By Tracy Strawn, discusses what are the savings if an organization moves from breakdown maintenance to more planned and scheduled maintenance?
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- FilmOn Takes On Tampa By Jeff Baumgartner, reports on the efforts of FilmOn to expand its Aereo like antenna service into the Tampa market as they seek to overturn a district court injunction. The real issue of course id retrans fees which broadcasters are desperate to hold on to.
- 2013 Leading Lights Finalists: Best New Product (cable) By Alan Breznick, gives a glimpse of his choice for the top 10 cable products for 2103 including modems, streaming enhancements, multi-screen video platforms, software and set-top boxes.
- Tap to watch: How near field communication could transform the pay TV business Posted on fiercecable.com discusses how near field communication devices (NFC) are finding their way into main stream use through video games, and allowing easier access to applications used through connected devices.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Why Hotels Need Fire Inspections Software By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., examines the causes of confined and nonconfined fires in hotels and how hotels can ensure that all fire and safety equipment is operating properly.
- Why hotels need a restaurant upgrade By Larry Mogelonsky, is a very interesting story of how the relationship between a hotel and restaurant can help bring guests back over and over. His description of Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse flowing seamlessly into a Holiday Inn was very cool.
- Hotel Impossible – Lankford Hotel By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., looks at how resistance to change policies and technology can lead a hotel down the path of financial ruin.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.