Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Facilities Management behind the Olympics By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS, looks at the infrastructure built for the 2012 London Olympics including the energy center, primary substation, pumping station, broadcast center and Olympic Village. This article made the front page of DIGG.
- 5 steps on the path to maintenance superiority By Wayne A. Vaughn, PE, CMRP, discusses changes needed by maintenance dependent organizations to assess, collaborate, build the business case, execute, and make adjustments to achieve maintenance superiority.
- Study Reveals Room For Sustainability Improvement By Heidi Schwartz, talks about the opportunity that still exists for building owners and facility managers to work toward better energy efficiencies and sustainability practices.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Forget Cord-Cutters: Cable Companies Should Worry About Cord-NeversBy Rebecca Greenfield, makes a good point that the number of younger people that never sign up for cable may be more important than the number of people cancelling.
- SCTE ANNOUNCES FIRST TWO ENERGY STANDARDS FOR CABLE INDUSTRY By SCTE, outlines SCTE 184 AND SCTE 186 designed to reduce energy consumption in facilities
- What the Judge in the Aereo Case Didn’t Rule On By Todd Spangler, is one of his more in-depth articles on the status of the Aereo case and how it is caught up in legal definitions.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible Earns 2nd Season, Industry’s Approval By Eric Stoessel, on Hotel Impossible being picked up for a second season. (This series is currently reviewed every week by Mintek).
- Big Events in your Area: How they Impact your Business and How to Benefit from Them By Mila Petruk, discusses the importance of choosing the right strategies to capture hotel guests during big time sporting events.
- Window Film Pays Off in Energy, Financial, Other Savings By Steve DeBusk, talks about new window film technology that improves insulation performance as much as 92% compared with 44% with traditional film.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.