Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- When to integrate control-system data with maintenance data By Mike Bacidore discusses the importance of integrating control-system data with EAM CMMS software.
- Improving University Sustainability By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS discusses a number of factors affecting university and school sustainability initiatives.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Apps may replace the TV remote By Amy Chozick and Nick Wingfield discusses how a model built around TV apps, however, could let viewers use favorite apps on the screen on an a la carte basis, thus bypassing cable subscriptions.
- U.S. Communications Law Seen as Obsolete in Converged Age By Todd Shields takes a look at the parties lining up to help rewrite the communications act of 1996 with each industry having their own specific protectionary interest.
- Should Wi-Fi Be a Free-for-All? By Michelle Donegan looks at two Wi-Fi strategies already in practice in the UK.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- California Supreme Court sides with employers, confirms much-needed flexibility on meal and rest breaks. By Travis Gemoets summarizes the recent California court ruling on the use of lunch breaks and break time siding in part with employers that meal time does not have to be policed.
- Which hotel chain has the smallest carbon footprint? By Hugo Martin on reports suggesting that mid-range and smaller hotels have smaller carbon footprints than upscale hotels.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.