Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- High Efficiency Electric Motor Freed of Rare Earth Elements Posted on New Energy and Fuel about Hitachi’s development of a high
efficiency motor that does require rare earths elements which is great breakthrough for electric motors.
- Improved uptime and visibility drive plants’ EAM initiatives By Ralph Rio on survey results that point to a strong need for EAM software
- Compressor Amperage Ratings courtesy of Coldtronics Inc. outlines the how a service technician can determine the correct amperage draw and apply it to compressor troubleshooting.
- Why a Hospital Enterprise Asset Management Saves the Big Bucks By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS discusses how to apply enterprise asset management (EAM) to a hospital setting.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- The cable industry isn’t stupid, right? By Stacey Higginbotham is a very interesting article on the consumers and industry will react if the average rate of pay TV hits the $200 /month mark as predicted by the BPD group.
- Motorola Next-Gen Transcoder IRD Ready For ‘Full HD’ By Todd Spangler on Motorola’s transcoder that will enable Blu-ray quality video as a set top box system.
- Confessions of a Recovering Regulator Features excerpts from a speech by Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA which is quite good at giving an overview of the impact of the cable internet industry.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Daily Housekeeping—Keeping it or Skipping it—& the Benefits of Going Green By Roland Leiser has an interesting article on incentives and reactions for guest to opt out of daily room cleaning. This has significant impact for energy and costs savings for a hotel.
- To reinvent hotels sustainably, Accor launches PLANET 21 By Accor on their sustainability initiative that includes a 15% and 10% decreases in water and energy use respectively.
- Marriott Puts An End To Shady Ad Injection Service By Devin Coldewey on Marriot stepping up to the plate and slapping ISP spammer running their network.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.