Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- How to Fall In Love with Your Maintenance Man By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, is a Valentine’s Day article on how to show your maintenance staff that you care and recognize the role they play in an organization.
- Are you doing the right work at the right time? By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, on why reactive maintenance destroys OEE, creating a huge competitive disadvantage.
- Be More Productive with CMMS By Megan Webb-Morgan, gives an easy to understand high-level view of the benefits of CMMS.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- House of Cards and the Decline of Cable By Tim Wu, discusses the real impact of Netflix producing its own content with a show called House of Cards. It is a good article suggesting that cable MSOs will need to find something other than live sports programming to maintain dominance.
- Does cable really have a 97% profit margin? By Matt Starr and Will Rinehart, takes a closer look at a report that surfaced last week claiming MSO have a 97% profit margin. It turns out the story neglected to mention the high infrastructure investment that actually leads to a very reasonable ROIC (return on invested capital).
- SCTE Switches Dates, Venue for Cable-Tec Expo Posted on lightreading.com announcing a changes made by the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) for the 2013 Cable-Tec expo. The new dates and venue are October 21-24 in Atlanta.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Lonely Road Warrior? Not So Much Posted on businesswire, looks at a survey indicating that business travelers love to hang out at the hotel bar and stay in contact with other travelers. The moral of this story is make sure your hotel bar has an amenable setting and the hotel provides methods (Wi-Fi) for guests to stay in touch with other travelers.
- Hotel Impossible – The Curve By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, recaps the latest Hotel Impossible episode revealing the importance of listening to your hotel staff to drive changes.
- Global Update: Who’s Where and Doing What – Jan 2013 By The Boutique Search Firm, provides a snapshot of the movement in the hotel and lodging industry but more importantly is demonstrates that opportunity is still available.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.