Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMSsoftware.
- The Business of Asset Management – Part Two By Terry Wireman presents an in depth look at 6 parts of asset management as part of an asset’s lifecycle.
- A Light Bulb Checkup Posted on New Energy and Fuel recaps a Consumer Reports article about energy efficiency and lights bulbs. Will LEDs be the future of light bulbs?
- Chicken Soup for Maintenance Management By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS recognizing the maintenance management and crews for the outstanding job they do all year.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Paying a ‘Sports Tax,’ Even if You Don’t Watch By Brian Stelter and Amy Chozick on how the NFL deal will add to subscribers bills even if they do not watch sports.
- Apple Is Planning To Turn The TV Industry Upside Down [Report] By Alex Heath covers a WSJ report about Apple’s plans to enter and dominate TV
- Federal rule aims to keep TV commercials at same volume as programsBy Paul Courson on the new rules that TV providers must ensure that the average loudness of commercials will be no higher than the average volume of the programming.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Forecast: Recovery better for some, not all By PKF Hospitality Research on the US lodging forecast for 2012 for supply, demand, ADR and occupancy.
- Hotels Going the ‘Green’ Way with Technology Posted on 4Hoteliers.com indicating that going green is not fad among hotels but a fact on economics as energy savings contribute heavily to profitability.
- How to Use Water Wisely When Cleaning By Michael Schaffer on how to minimize water usage in hotels in order to conserve water, energy and lower utility bills.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.