Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- 11 Top Manufacturing Software Areas For Investment By Mark Davidson, talsk about the 2013-2014 LNS Manufacturing Operations Management Survey that identified the top-of-mind manufacturing objectives and concerns of business leaders, as well as trends surrounding technology adoption, business processes, manufacturing culture and strategy.
- Curb Energy Waste During the Holidays with LEDs Posted on buildings.com suggests that LED prices are expected to fall dramatically which makes bulb replacement feasible. LED lights use far less energy than older style incandescent bulbs.
- Lighting Offers Opportunities To Cut Energy Use By Lindsay Audin, explains how even relatively new facilities can cut energy costs by using new light technologies.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Time Warner Cable’s Suitors Lining Up Funds for Bid By Dana Cimilluca, reports on Charter Communication’s efforts to secure financing in order to bid for Time Warner Cable, a move that will significantly change the landscape of Cable MSOs.
- Comcast to Introduce $1.50 Broadcast TV Fee By Mike Farrell, covers Comcast’s decision to start separating out the cost of retrans fees on customer bills.
- M2M Creates Major New Security Challenge By Carol Wilson, looks at the security impact of machine to machine (M2M) offerings from cable and telcos. At risk are the homes that use internet for
everything from home monitoring services to smart meters and smart appliances.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Fiber is Just a Part of Linens’ Evolving Sustainability Story By Glenn Hasek, discusses using linens that are environmentally friendly to reduce carbon footprints and costs associated with linen maintenance.
- AH&LA Launches Gratuity Guide Press release by AH&LA, mentions that a new guide on gratuity for the hospitality industry will be released soon.
- Miami Hotel Among The Few Selected To Participate In The Google Business Photos Pilot Program Posted on hospitialitynet, highlights the beginning of Google’s Hotel Pilot Program which is a high quality interactive virtual tour of hotels.