SQL Software Developer
Transcendent founded in 1987, is a turn-key solutions developer for the telecommunications, lodging, and public utilities industries providing access to customer, employee, and asset information beyond the traditional office. Our office is based in Oldsmar, FL.
Description: We are currently searching for a SQL Software Developer whose role would be to work in a team environment to develop enterprise class software products. The position is responsible for delivering on software development objectives while considering hardware, capacity, limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Also responsible for development of new products and features as well as maintenance and support of existing products and features.
- Work as a member of an Agile development team following SCRUM software development methodologies
- Work with architects and business analysts to identify and document software requirements
- Provide software solution approach, scope and estimates to support planning and delivery expectations
- Devise and/or modify software solutions to solve complex problems and address customer requirements
- Create detailed technical specifications from which software solutions will be written
- Develop SQL database architecture
- Develop, implement, & optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain Transcendent software applications
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Development Languages / Tools
- Microsoft SQL Server (5+ years)
- Working knowledge of N-Tier architecture
- Understanding of object-oriented development methodologies
- Experience developing and working with Web services
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methodologies for software development
- A comprehensive understanding of the software development lifecycle, application design, functional design, technical characteristics of relational databases and client server systems.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to create technical documentation
- Must be self motivated
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with technical support to analyze and resolve problems
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive salaries and excellent benefits are provided with a minimum waiting period. Some of our benefits include an IRA with 3% company match, vacation, paid holidays, comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, company paid short term, long term, and life insurance plans.