Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Natural Disasters and Business Practices
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against natural disasters and maintenance malfunctions.
- VW blasted for shielding emissions documents from U.S. probe reported by David Shepardson, Three U.S. state attorneys general criticized Volkswagen AG on January 8, 2015, for citing German law to withhold documents from a group of states investigating the German automaker’s use of illegal diesel emissions software.
- Oklahoma hit with 70 quakes in a week by Trevor Hughes, A swarm of more than 70 small earthquakes has rattled Oklahoma in the past week, raising concerns that the state’s quake problem is getting worse.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on expansions in the cable industry into streaming realms and news on pending mergers.
- Shaw ‘Hatches’ Free Range TV by Mari Silbey, Shaw Communications unveiled its new Free Range IPTV service. And after years of setbacks, Shaw made clear it believes it is now on the right path to multiscreen TV nirvana.
- Netflix: The Birth of a Global TV Network by Mari Silbey, In case anyone wondered about the power and influence of Netflix, the company just launched service in more than 130 new countries, including Azerbaijan, India, Nigeria, Russia, Saudi Arabia and many, many others.
- Dish Ups the Ante in Vegas With HopperGO by Mari Silbey, Dish and its subsidiary Sling TV have released a slew of announcements at CES, many of which deserve closer examination. But for my money, the most interesting story is the introduction of HopperGO, a USB flash drive solution for Dish subscribers making DVR content portable and sharable.
- Charter-TWC Merger Review Delayed by Brian Santo, The FCC is extending its review of Charter’s acquisition of Time Warner Cable by two weeks. The agency said in a notice that it needs the additional time to review documents provided by the companies addressing concerns of various constituents.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.