Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Businesses and Natural Disasters
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on storm watches in the South and new mergers in the hotel sector that could benefit from an EAM/CMMS.
- Texas, Oklahoma Face ‘Pretty Good Chance’ of Tornadoes reported by Alexander Smith, Communities in Texas and Oklahoma were warned to prepare for potential tornadoes Monday as a system threatening severe thunderstorms developed over the region.
- Marriott is buying Starwood for $12.2 billion, creating the world’s largest hotel company by Sam Ro, Marriott International is acquiring Starwood Hotels & Resorts, creating the world’s largest hotel company. The deal is valued at $12.2 billion, consisting of $11.9 billion worth of Marriott stock and $340 million in cash.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on streaming and video services from mobile providers and the battle of WiFi among cable providers.
- Cox Takes Comcast X1 Platform National by Mari Silbey, Despite launching its own next-generation Contour video platform with great fanfare in 2013, Cox is now changing course and has confirmed preparations to roll out Comcast’s X1 solution across Cox markets nationally in 2016.
- T-Mobile Goes OTT With Free Video Streaming by Dan Jones, In the latest bid to shake up the US wireless market, T-Mobile says customers won’t be charged for the data used when they stream one of more than seven popular OTT video services.
- Battle for the Home Network? It’s On by Mari Silbey, The in-home WiFi network is about to become a major battleground for service providers and equipment manufacturers alike which could shake up the traditional CPE vendor landscape.
- Content Security Battle Threatens TV Upheaval by Mari Silbey, The FCC is dealing with more than a few weighty pay-TV issues at present, including the Charter, TWC and Bright House deal, and the Commission’s evaluation of whether or not to expand the definition of a multi-channel video programming distributor (MVPD) to include some online video providers.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please se