Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Businesses and Natural Disasters
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against natural disasters and maintenance malfunctions.
- 4.1-magnitude Arizona earthquake shakes metro Phoenix by The Republic, A string of earthquakes north of Phoenix gave the Valley a rare jolt Sunday night, and the largest – a magnitude 4.1 just before 11:30 p.m. – rattled homes across the region.
- Plane catches fire on runway at Fort Lauderdale airport by Eliott McLaughlin, the engine of a Boeing 767 carrying 101 people caught fire as the plane taxied for departure October 30th, at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in Florida.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on expansion in the cable industry regarding streaming services and mergers and acquisitions.
- Charter Keeps Chooglin’ Along in Q3 by Brian Santo, Invigorated by modest improvement in almost every subscriber metric, and buoyed by a $142 million tax benefit, Charter Communications reported a profit of $54 million in its third quarter, almost precisely mirroring a $53 million loss in the like quarter a year ago.
- TWC Steps Toward All-IP TV by Mari Silbey, In a record third quarter for Time Warner Cable, the company’s story of success hinged on high-volume customer gains and the investments it has made into its advanced TWC Maxx residential triple-play service. However, an underlying current in the business is the potentially dramatic impact that Time Warner Cable could experience as it transitions to all-IP video delivery.
- Comcast Confirms It Will Activate MVNO Deal by Mari Silbey, After much public speculation, Comcast confirmed in its third-quarter earnings call that the company will activate a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) deal signed with Verizon in 2012.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.