Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Businesses and Natural Disasters
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against natural disasters and maintenance malfunctions.
- IHOP sinkhole swallows at least a dozen cars reported by Mesrop Najarian, A large sinkhole opened in a new IHOP restaurant parking lot in Meridian, Mississippi, over the weekend, swallowing as many as 12 cars, according to CNN affiliate WTOK.
- VW to offer U.S. diesel car owners $1,000 ‘goodwill package’ by Fabin Bimmer, Volkswagen AG’s U.S. marketing operation said Monday, November 9th, it will offer $1,000 worth of credit cards, of which half may be spent at VW dealerships, to owners of certain diesel models the company has admitted do not comply with government emissions standards.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on expansions in the cable industry among big players and streaming services that will not be coming to a TV near you.
- Gigabites: Comcast Makes Gig Service a Community Affair by Mari Silbey, Comcast signs a deal that could push gigabit broadband services to more apartment buildings, several top-tier ISPs, add new gigabit markets and more.
- Netflix Nixes Streaming Sports Prospects by Mari Silbey, CEO Reed Hastings told attendees at the recent The New York Times DealBook Conference that he doesn’t see a future where Netflix streams live sports.
- Comcast Seeks to Learn From Descartes by Mari Silbey, Comcast is nonetheless applying the philosophy of Rene Descartes to a new technology system designed to speed up innovation within the company.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.