Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
How EAM/CMMS implementation can help prevent catastrophes
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on natural disasters and car malfunctions and how preventive measures can be taken with the use of an EAM/CMMS system.
- Volkswagen to start firings over emissions scandal: sources by Jan Schwartz and Andreas Cremer, Volkswagen will start firing people responsible for rigging U.S. emissions tests and shake up management on Friday, two sources familiar with the plans said, as the German car maker tries to get to grips with the biggest scandal in its 78-year history.
- Hundreds of millions in damage estimated in California fire reported by Associated Press, Future rebuilding efforts after the hundreds of millions of dollars in destruction caused by a wildfire burning north of San Francisco will be an opportunity to improve poor, sparsely populated Lake County. Find out plans to rebuild the county and ways of protection.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on company acquisitions and new online streaming services being delivered to consumers.
- Yahoo Weighs New TV Streaming Device by Mari Silbey, Yahoo is considering launching its own device that would plug into your television and allow you to seamlessly stream your favorite shows and movies from your phone for a shared viewing experience. Find out how this could affect consumer’s current subscriptions.
- Altice Confirms $17.7B Bid for Cablevision by Iain Morris, he mentions Altice’s appetite for M&A in the ever-changing US cable market just got even bigger. Only a few months after agreeing to pay $9.1 billion for a 70% stake in Suddenlink, the group controlled by French-Israeli billionaire Patrick Drahi has announced plans to buy Cablevision for a whopping $17.7 billion.
- Comcast Business Targets Fortune 1000 by Mari Silbey, After dabbling for years in commercial services, Comcast is now throwing down the gauntlet with the creation of a new Enterprise Services division that will target the Fortune 1000 enterprise sector.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.