Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on preventive ways to help reduce maintenance and mechanical errors, how to deal with disaster situations, and enhancements in automation that could replace mechanical jobs.
- Hurricane Matthew surge warning by CBS news, Hurricane Matthew makes it way up the Florida east coast and entering into Georgia and South Carolina.
- Factory Of The Future Brings AI To Manufacturing by Rachel Blair-Frasier, Leaders in factory automation and artificial intelligence (AI) computing are teaming up to advance AI for manufacturing.
- OSHA Cites Seafood Processor Following Ammonia Leak by Rachel Blair-Frasier, A Boston seafood processor neglected industry and OSHA safety standards, according to the United States Department of Labor (DoL), resulting in 20 “serious violations.”
- Susquehanna Unit To Shut Down For Maintenance Issue by Associated Press, Operators began the process to safely shut down the Unit 2 reactor at Talen Energy’s Susquehanna nuclear plant in Luzerne County, PA late Friday, Sept. 30 and disconnected from the regional transmission grid early Saturday, Oct. 1.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on media mergers, WiFi takeovers, and IoT takeovers by cable kings.
- Comcast Prepping National IoT Network by Brian Santo, Comcast is preparing two smart city trials to begin before the end of this month, focusing on business-to-business applications.
- Google Plans Home WiFi Takeover by Mari Silbey, It was no surprise to hear Google introduce a new WiFi router this week as an update on last year’s OnHub product, but was the response a positive one?
- Who’s in the Media Merger Hunt? by Mari Silbey, Find out the top targets that buyers are looking to purchase for their brand and content and just who the buyers are in the hunt.
- Google Home Could Be Pay-TV’s Nightmare by Mari Silbey, Google has been trying to edge its way into the service provider channel for years now. But where television is concerned, it may finally have found an end-run option that effectively bypasses pay-TV providers altogether.
- Google Fiber Now a Wireless ISP! by Mari Silbey, Google Fiber has officially expanded its broadband reach and achieved new status as a wireless Internet service provider.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.