Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on safety issues detected in auto plants and manufacturing facilities that could’ve been foreseen with the use of an EAM CMMS.
- Samsung Recalls Nearly 3M Washing Machines by The Andy Szal, Samsung is recalling some 2.8 million washing machines sold in the U.S. in recent years due to a risk of injury from the machines’ lids.
- Connecting Safety To The Bottom Line by Thomas Donato, When it comes to safety in the modern automation environment, there are two big reasons that leaders should strive to be the best they can be.
- Multiple Safety Issues Found At Plant Which Supplies Major Auto Brands by U.S. Dept. of Labor, Workers began making multiple complaints of unsafe working conditions at the Fuyao Glass America Inc. facility in Moraine not long after it opened in October 2015, leading to eight separate federal inspections and $226,937 in proposed penalties for the automotive glass supplier to plant brands such as Audi, Cadillac, Land Rover, Volvo and Volkswagen.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on Trump’s ideas for cable policies and cable expansion in the U.S. and other countries.
- Altice Ekes Out More US Cable Gain by Alan Breznick, With the integration of its two new US cable properties proceeding as planned so far, Altice is touting higher-than-expected results from the former Cablevision and Suddenlink systems as it seeks to squeeze even greater operating efficiencies out of them.
- Dish Bleeds More Subs, Faces OTT Rival by Alan Breznick, The subscriber losses continue to pile up for Dish Network’s core satellite TV business, more than offsetting any gains for its newer Sling TV OTT service.
- Trump Win Will Reshape FCC by Mari Silbey, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has relentlessly preached “competition, competition, competition,” making him a likely candidate to push back on AT&T’s proposed acquisition of Time Warner.
- Trump’s Impact on Telecom Still Uncertain by Carol Wilson, It’s not very clear what impact Donald Trump’s surprising ascendancy to the US presidency will have on the telecom sector and on technology in general,FacebookTwitterGoogle+https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/591822/www.pinterest.com/mintek/although they will certainly be affected by general economic performance under his watch.
- Gaming the AT&T-TW Deal by Alan Breznick, Don’t bet the farm on the US government approving AT&T’s $85.4 billion agreement to buy Time Warner, at least not without some serious conditions being imposed upon AT&T.
- Comcast’s NBCU Takes Bite Out of Apple Ads by Mari Silbey, Apple Inc. will outsource the advertising sales for its Apple News app to NBCUniversal LLC, starting in 2017.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.