Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
Featured EAM CMMS stories revolve around new maintenance tools to prevent injury in factories, 3D printing adventures, and new ways of monitoring asset conditions.
- Benzene Fixed Gas Detector by Mil-Ram Technology, Mil-Ram Technology’s VOC Fixed Gas Detector for Benzene utilizes advanced Photo-Ionization PID sensor technology to provide reliable, continuous, low ppm monitoring under demanding field conditions. The Benzene Gas Detector TA-2100 is suitable for indoor/outdoor installations and has been optimized for fixed, continuous monitoring applications in industrial environments
- New App Keeps Workers Safe In The Heat by Rachelle Blair-Frasier, The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have teamed up to help keep workers safe this summer.
- MM: Continuous 3D Printing; 2-Seater Flying Car Prototype by Jon Minnick, In this Manufacturing Minute episode, another flying car prototype and a continuous 3D printer.
- SKF Launches Software Center For Condition Monitoring In Sweden by SKF, The market for products and services related to monitoring the condition of machinery within the industry is growing. SKF is making a major investment by opening a software center in Sweden in order to develop next generation technology for condition monitoring.
- Aven Launches Website For A Safer Work Environment by Aven, Aven has launched AvenSafetyTools.com, which offers a vast selection of safety tools for critical applications. The website includes non-sparking, non-magnetic, and anti-corrosive tools for a safer work environment.
What’s Going on in the World of Cable?
- Verizon Adds Cloud-Based VNFs by Carol Wilson, Verizon this week rolled out its cloud-based virtual services for enterprise customers, adding that option to both its gray box and white box edge solutions for typical applications such as firewalls and WAN optimization.
- Trump Names Democratic FCC Choice by Alan Breznick, Less than six months after she left the FCC, it looks like Jessica Rosenworcel will be returning to the US telecom agency as a Democratic commissioner.
- Tracking TiVo’s Ups & Downs by Mari Silbey, It’s been a newsworthy few weeks at TiVo, with the DVR pioneer winning in court, losing its CEO and hyping its next-gen Hydra user interface, which has been largely MIA in the US since an appearance at CES in January.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.