Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
Featured EAM CMMS stories revolve around facility automation and ‘green’manufacturing practices.
- Raytheon Opens New Engineering Facility In Albuquerque by Raytheon Company, Raytheon Company has opened a new facility in the Sandia Science and Technology Park, expanding its operations to develop and produce range monitoring and telemetry systems for the U.S. and its allies.
- 1 Missing And Several Injured After Louisiana Oil Rig Explosion by ABC News, An oil rig explosion on a lake in Louisiana has injured seven people. Authorities are still searching for another who is missing.
- The Safety Management System You Didn’t Know You Had
by Grainger, Most companies have a functioning safety management system in place, even if they aren’t aware of it. In this Safety Record article, Grainger discusses three real-life examples.
What’s Going on in the World of Cable?
Pay-TV providers combatting cord cutting and new regulations with the FCC.
- Pay-TV Cord-Cutting Slams AT&T by Alan Breznick, Cable operators aren’t the only ones fighting the fierce cord-cutting monster. Satellite TV and telco TV providers are grappling with the beast too, as the latest results from AT&T make abundantly clear.
- FCC Restarts Approval Clock for CenturyLink & Level 3 by Carol Wilson, CenturyLink’s pending $34 billion purchase of Level 3 Communications is now apparently days away from completion, as the FCC has restarted its informal approval clock, now set to expire in the next two weeks.
- The Big Cable DAA Update by Mari Silbey, With SCTE Cable-Tec Expo less than a week away, the time is right for a review of how distributed access architectures (DAA) have advanced in the last year.
- In Cable First, WOW Distributes & Virtualizes the Access Network by Mari Silbey, WOW is announcing a major achievement with the first known commercial deployment of a distributed, software-based cable access network architecture.
- Netflix Hikes Rates, Tries to Outrun Debt by Aditya Kishore, Netflix has raised its prices in various markets, including the US and UK, according to reports. The company also plans to increase its rates in several European countries.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.