Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on solar installers coming to consumers and facilities and better regulatory compliance with product lifecycle execution.
- Park Hotels to launch with plenty of ‘heft, scale’ by Associated Press, Largest U.S. solar panel installer coming to Florida; what this could mean for facilities and household consumers.
- Meeting Nuclear Regulatory Compliance With Better Product Lifecycle Execution by Holly Haines, Safety regulations and product lifecycle systems that can help with regulatory compliance in nuclear engineer space.
- Increasing Productivity For The Next Generation Capital Equipment Technician by Steve Smith, Predicting service needs before there is a problem with next generation service.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on cable re-branding, new video platforms, and cable competition between the biggest cable MSOs.
- Charter Planning Enterprise Push, Rebranding by Carol Wilson, n the wake of its two major acquisitions, Charter Communications will do a brand relaunch of its enterprise business services in three weeks and announce a more aggressive strategy for fiber deployment to commercial businesses, a senior company executive said here.
- Altice Plans FTTH for Entire US Footprint by Iain Morris, Altice appears to be turning its Gallic nose up at DOCSIS 3.1 in the US market, saying it will now plow funds into a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network capable of supporting 10Gbit/s connection speeds across its entire footprint.
- Charter Challenges Comcast’s Commercial Rule by Alan Breznick, After six years of leading the cable industry’s charge in the business services space, Comcast is no longer the undisputed cable king of the commercial market.
- AT&T Debuts DirecTV Now on New Video Platform by Mari Silbey, AT&T launched its long-awaited DirecTV Now mobile video service today, and with it, a new platform that will serve as the foundation for all AT&T video products moving forward.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.