Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
Top updates in EAM news focuses on automation in factories, robotic help and safety, and protecting your facility this hurricane season.
- Safety Maturity Index For Machine Builders Tool Released by Rockwell Automation, The Rockwell Automation online assessment tool can help machine builders optimize and differentiate machine designs.
- Robotic Helping Hands, And Navigation Systems For The Visually Impaired by Rachelle Blair-Frasier, In this episode, we examine robotic “Metalimbs” out of Japan, and MIT’s new system that could help visually impaired individuals navigate their surroundings.
- Protecting Facilities From Hurricane Damage by Rachelle Blair-Frasier, Chad Kennedy, Industry Standards Manager for Power Equipment at Schneider Electric, discusses steps facility managers can take to protect equipment in advance of hurricanes as well as best practices to keep employees safe during a natural disaster.
What’s Going on in the World of Cable?
Four world updates in the cable revolving around wireless pricing, net neutrality, and smart cities focusing on telecommunication infrastructure development.
- Canadian Govt. Demands Lower Wireless Prices Alan Breznick, Seeking to change Canada’s reputation as one of the costliest wireless markets in the developed world, the Canadian government has launched a fresh campaign to push the major carriers to offer more affordable mobile and broadband plans, much to those carriers’ chagrin.
- Verizon: OTT on Tap as Yahoo Deal Nears Close by Mari Silbey, With Verizon’s $4.5 billion acquisition of Yahoo now set to close on June 13, the telco is doubling down on its strategy to become a major global media company.
- Smart Cities Could Be Gold Mine for Telcos
by Mari Silbey, It’s slowly dawning on people that telecommunications infrastructure is at the heart of smart city development.
- Amazon Joins Protest Supporting Net Neutrality by Mari Silbey, Advocacy groups are rallying the troops with a new protest aimed at defending net neutrality rules, and Amazon is one who has joined the effort.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.