Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS implementation around the globe
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against technology malfunctions and new mergers in the tech world.
- Cyber insurance premiums rocket after high-profile attacks by Jim Finkle, A multitude of hacking attacks on U.S. companies over the past two years has prompted insurers to massively increase cyber premiums for some companies, leaving firms that are perceived to be a high risk scrambling for cover.
- Southwest says it has fixed glitch, expects flights to return to normal reported by Ben Mutzabaugh, Hundreds of Southwest Airlines flights were tainted by technology issues Sunday, causing long delays and massive lines. The glitch — which affected the airline’s mobile app, website and reservation centers delayed 450 flights out of 3,600 by 7:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
- Dell buying EMC for about $67B reported by The Associated Press, Dell is buying data storage company EMC in a deal valued at approximately $67 billion. Since going private in 2013, Dell Inc. has been investing in research and development and growing its software and services business as those in the technology industry continue to struggle with soft PC sales.
Cable News affecting your neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on cable providers overcoming streaming services and new waves in mergers and acquisitions.
- Cord Cutting? ‘Fraid so. by Brett Sappington, The new wave of over-the-top (OTT) video services in 2015 and the slow decline in pay-TV penetration among US broadband households is causing traditional players to reexamine the impact that cord cutting and cord shaving.
- On Paper, Support Runs High for Charter/TWC by Mari Silbey, The FCC suggest the public is in favor of Charter’s proposed acquisitions of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks and a recent survey shows why.
- Winning With WiFi by Alan Breznick, With the US cable industry having set up more than 12 million WiFi access points throughout the nation, cable operators are now switching their focus to how they can make some real money off their swiftly growing wireless assets.
- Xfinity Home Nets Nest & More
by Mari Silbey, Comcast is drawing some big brands to the Xfinity Home service and gearing up for the next phase of the smart home revolution.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.