Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
Ways EAM/CMMS can help in natural disasters
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on natural disasters around the country and how preventive measures can be taken with the use of an EAM/CMMS system.
- Will New Orleans’ $14.5 Billion Walls Stand Up to the Next Big Storm? by Miguel Llanos, talks about the $14.5 billion dollar project in New Orleans created to protect the city from future flooding and precautions to enhance safety.
- Sewage Spill Closes Honolulu’s Waikiki Beach reported by Reuters, Beach goers were told to stay out of the water along Honolulu’s Waikiki Beach at least through Wednesday after a 500,000-gallon sewage spill triggered by heavy rain sent waste water streaming over the tourist spot. City officials mentioned the spill was caused by a pumping station having been shut down for maintenance when the showers hit.
- EPA withholds mine spill documents from Congress by Tori Richards, A congressional committee blasted the Environmental Protection Agency for blocking the release of documents related to the Gold King mine disaster, which poured deadly chemicals into the largest source of drinking water in the West.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on Comcast’s new features in their service and how cable companies are expanding into online streaming services for customers.
- Comcast Scoops Up ‘This Technology’ by Mari Silbey, Comcast confirmed that it has purchased video delivery and ad tech specialist, This Technology LLC.
- A Peek at What’s Behind Comcast’s Momentum by Mari Silbey, Comcast wasted no time investing resources in new projects and gearing up for its continued fight against industry behemoths ranging from Verizon to Facebook.
- Meet DirecTV’s 4K Genie Mini by Mari Silbey, DirecTV Group Inc. announced the launch of a new 4K Genie Mini set-top, which will allow subscribers to access Ultra HD content on something other than a Samsung TV set.
- Cablevision Plays Up OTT in CBS Retrans Deal
by Mari Silbey, she states that Cablevision has announced that it will begin offering CBS All Access and Showtime’s over-the-top video service to its Optimum Online subscribers.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.