Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS and Maintenance Standards
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on new standards for facility maintenance and how EAM/CMMS can help against catastrophes.
- Amtrak Derailment Near Philadelphia Part of Bizarre Spate of Accidents by Jacquellena Carrero and Corky Siemaszko, Dozens injured after Amtrack derailment near Philadelphia, PA, yesterday, April 3rd.
- Department of Energy Establishes Pump Efficiency Standardsby Dave Lubach, The Department of Energy (DOE) recently established new efficiency standards for commercial pumps, and maintenance and engineering managers of institutional and commercial facilities are among the beneficiaries of the new standards.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on net neutrality debates and cable transitions.
- Stream TV Splinters Net Neutrality Debate by Mari Silbey, Comcast’s Stream TV is a different kind of net neutrality problem which is making a lot of industry watchers wary.
- Huawei Still Striking Out With US Cable by Alan Breznick, Despite a concerted effort to curry favor with US cable operators and CableLabs, Huawei has not managed to sign up any MSOs yet for its next-gen cable equipment, largely because of the federal government’s continued security concerns about any telecom dealings with Chinese technology suppliers.
- Frontier Takes Over FiOS Tomorrow by Mari Silbey, On April 1, Frontier is expected to complete its acquisition of Verizon’s customer footprint in California, Florida and Texas. While some of the networks in those regions are still copper-based, more than half are FiOS-enabled.
- AT&T Explores G.fast for MDUs
by Alan Breznick, Now that AT&T has committed itself to wiring more than 12 million US homes for 1Gbit/s service over the next few years, company executives are targeting network technology options to bring higher broadband speeds to other customers.
- Comcast Ends EA Games on X1 – Report by Mari Silbey, Comcast has confirmed that it’s shutting down the Xfinity Games service on April 12th.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.