Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS and Implementation
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on facilities increasing their productivity through software implementations.
- College Improves Efficiency by Centralizing Facility Maintenance Staffs by Dave Lubach, Broward college collected data for over a year on how to improve the engineering sector to increase productivity and create new jobs.
- Walters Healthcare Resources: Hospital Is First Facility to Install Innovative Ceiling System by Facilities.net, IN-DAPT is a modular, medical construction grid system that allows for the easy installation and re positioning of the ever-increasing technologies and services that are installed in, routed through, or hang from the ceiling.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on changes to big players of streaming services and upgrades to cable providers.
- Netflix Caps Its Own Streams by Mari Silbey, Netflix took over the Internet by selling streaming content at a price that wouldn’t break the bank. So what would happen if users suddenly had to pay massive mobile data charges to stream Netflix videos?
- Charter Shot Clock Stops, Review Continues by Mari Silbey, The last day of the 180-day shot clock was last week regarding the FCC’s decision on the Charter acquisition of TWC, but it is still considered “under review.”
- How to Solve the Sponsored Data Dilemma by Mari Silbey, Wireless carriers are walking on thin ice. Now convinced that video will save them from sinking profit margins and the pain of capital expenditures, they’ve started down the path of sponsored data services: allowing video distributors to pay to have their streaming content not count against consumers’ monthly data caps.
- Verizon Preps Next Major Broadband Upgrade by Mari Silbey, After years of relying on Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology for its high-end fixed broadband service delivery, Verizon is set to push the button on an upgrade to next-generation PON.
- Amazon Priming for Cable Biz by Mari Silbey, No, Amazon isn’t introducing its own online cable TV bundle, but it does appear to have an interesting new partnership in the works.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.