Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on manufacturing workers exposed to chemical and electrical hazards causing hardship for the factories.
- Stamping Plant Workers Exposed To Electrical Hazards by Rachelle Blair-Frasier, An Ohio company faces more than $75,000 in fines after inspectors found employees were exposed to machine and electrical hazards.
- Texas Reel Manufacturer Exposed Workers To Amputation Hazards by Rachelle Blair-Frasier, A Texas manufacturer faces more than $107,000 in fines after state inspectors found the company exposed workers to amputation and chemical hazards.
- Housekeeping Essential To Mitigating The Risks Of Combustible Dust by Jimmy Peck, Jimmy Peck, general manager at MPW Industrial Services, discusses how to prevent risks related to combustible dust.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on the FCC’s set top box split decision and pilot programs from Verizon taking off.
- FCC on the Verge of 2-2 Split by Mari Silbey, With the US Senate shutting down for the holidays, the FCC appears to be on the edge of whittling down its team of Commissioners to an even split of two Democrats and two Republicans.
- Verizon’s Boston Smart Cities Pilot Begins by Mari Silbey, Eight months after first announcing plans for a “Smart Cities” pilot project in downtown Boston, Verizon is now installing road sensors, cameras and connected lighting at the Beantown intersection of Mass Ave and Beacon Street.
- Altice Considers IPO for Its US Operations by Ray Le Maistre, Altice says it’s “exploring the possibility of an initial public offering (IPO) of a minority interest in its U.S. operations, Altice USA,” a move that would help fund its recently announced FTTH rollout plans.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.