Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
Top three stories showing how EAM/CMMS can help
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses around malfunctions in equipment that could’ve been solved using the proper software and catastrophes around the world.
- More than 20 wildfires burn in California, forcing hundreds to flee by Fox News, At least 23 wildfires raged in forests and woodlands across California Sunday, taking the life of one firefighter and causing 12,000 people to evacuate their homes. Learn precautions your family can take in an evacuation situation.
- Fiat Chrysler recalls 332,000 Dodge Chargers due to air bag issue by Rebecca Cook, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said over the weekend it is recalling about 322,000 Dodge Charger sedans in North America because side air bags can deploy when a car door is slammed. This is the same issue that led to the recall of about 844,000 of FCA’s Ram pickup trucks earlier this month.
- Worker Loses Foot in China’s Third Escalator Accident in a Week reported by Henry Austin, reports that this is the third incident in less than a week in China where someone has been injured or killed by an escalator due to improper maintenance tactics.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This section focuses on cable trends and challenges and how they affect consumers and businesses.
- Opening salvo from AT&T and DirecTV: $200 monthly promo by Edward Baig, who mentions AT&T didn’t waste much time following its acquisition of DirecTV to come up with a combined nationwide wireless and TV promotion that it hopes will draw new customers to the satellite TV service. Find out what services and benefits consumers receive under the $200/month combined plan.
- TWC Earnings: Ups, Downs & Merger Clues by Mari Silbey, TWC goes over second quarter earnings and some bumps along the way, but their future goals are what have people talking.
- Verizon Snags Broad HBO Now Rights reported by Alan Breznick, Seeking to make its own big splash in the over-the-top video market, Verizon has struck a deal to offer the HBO Now OTT service to both its broadband and mobile subscribers.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.