Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
How EAM/CMMS can help in natural disasters
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on natural disasters around the country and how preventive measures can be taken with the use of an EAM/CMMS system.
- Hurricane Fred forms in the Atlantic by CBS News, The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami says Fred’s maximum sustained winds are near 80 mph. Gradual weakening is forecast to begin Tuesday. Find out how to protect yourself in a hurricane situation.
- Tropical Storm Erika’s Aftermath: Southeast Faces Flash Flood Threat reported by Alexander Smith, Parts of the Southeast braced for flooding todayas the aftermath of Tropical Storm Erika brought drenching downpours.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on new trends in WiFi and online video service that cable companies are looking to expand for their customers.
- Cablevision Plays Up OTT in CBS Retrans Deal by Mari Silbey, Cablevision has announced that it will begin offering CBS All Access and Showtime’s over-the-top video service to its Optimum Online subscribers.The deal comes as part of a multi-year distribution agreement with CBS that includes broad re-transmission rights for CBS broadcast stations and networks, including Showtime, CBS Sports Network and Smithsonian Channel.
- Hulu Brings Next-Gen Ad Platform to TV by Mari Silbey, she mentions that Hulu has launched a private programmatic ad exchange; the platform enables automated ad buying through a computerized bidding process.
- Time to Monetize Cable WiFi by Alan Breznick, he says with the US cable industry having set up nearly 12 million WiFi access points throughout the nation, there are now plenty of hotspots in place for operators to take financial advantage of their still-growing wireless assets.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.