Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS implementation around the globe
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against natural disasters and maintenance malfunctions.
- Drivers still haunted by California flash floods by Mireya Villarreal, A major trucking route in Southern California will remain closed several more days. A mile long stretch of State Route 58 is still buried in mud up to six feet deep.
- United Airlines Flight Returns to Honolulu Due to ‘Mechanical Issue’ reported by Elisha Fieldstadt, A United Airlines plane from Honolulu to Washington, D.C., returned to Hawaii shortly after takeoff Saturday night after a “mechanical issue,” the airline reported.
- GM recalls pickups over ignition-switch defect reported by Greg Gardner, A month after agreeing to pay $900 million to settle criminal charges arising from an ignition switch defect, General Motors said Friday it will recall about 3,300 large pickup trucks and SUVs for a similar problem.
Cable News happening in your neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on cable providers and their plans for streaming services and how to regain their customer base against the competition.
- Charter Parks Its App on Roku by Mari Silbey, Anxious to prove that apps really are the future of TV, Charter has packaged up its Spectrum TV service into an app for the Roku platform.
- Here Come the TV Apps! by Mari Silbey, Following news that Charter is making its Spectrum TV app available for the Roku platform, Comcast has now documented its own plans for bringing the Xfinity app to connected devices. Find out what other cable providers are looking to expand into featured apps.
- Charter Acquisition Naysayers Have Their Day by Mari Silbey, After a flood of goodwill filings from corporate citizens supporting Charter’s acquisition of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, opponents of the transactions are now bombarding the FCC with comments that argue the mergers should not be allowed.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.