Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on preventive ways to help reduce maintenance and mechanical errors and penalties companies are receiving for practicing safety laws.
- Combating Corrosion: Lubricants Are The Key by Alan Suan, Virtually any piece of industrial equipment is vulnerable to corrosion, and when not appropriately managed, corrosion can lead to unplanned equipment downtime, reduced performance and higher maintenance costs.
- Auto Parts Maker, Staffing Agency Face More Than $704K In Penalties For Employee Hazard Exposure by OSHA, HP Pelzer is under investigation for reasons including safety concerns for auto industry employees and face more than $704k in penalties.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on mergers, expansions, and potential lawsuits.
- NYC Could Sue Verizon Over Slow FiOS Rollout by Dan Jones, New York City is going after Verizon, claiming that the operator is years behind its agreed FiOS rollout targets in the five boroughs.
- Amdocs Acquires Trio of Digital Disruptors for $260M by Ray Le Maistre, Amdocs has splashed $260 million on the acquisition of three business and customer support systems specialists that it hopes will bolster its cloud-based portfolio and further its digital transformation ambitions.
- Liberty Unlocks Netflix in 30+ Countries by Mari Silbey, Knocking the floodgates wide open, Liberty Global announced September 14th that it will make Netflix content available on its digital TV platforms in more than 30 countries between now and the end of 2017.
- Time Warner Leads $12M Round for You.i TV by Mari Silbey, A year after raising approximately $9 million in its first round of funding, app platform provider You.i TV has raked in an additional $12 million through a second round led by Time Warner Investments.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.