Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s EAM news focuses on Facilities with violations that potentially could’ve been avoided with proper maintenance software installed.
- Radioactive Contamination Spreads In Shuttered Hanford Plant by Associated Press, Radioactive contamination is spreading inside a deteriorating processing plant on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation in Washington state that was last used in the 1950s and 1960s to process plutonium for the U.S. nuclear weapons program.
- Laundry Equipment Manufacturer Cited After Second Worker Suffers Amputation Injury by OSHA, For the second time in less than two months, federal safety and health inspectors found an employee at one of world’s leading commercial laundry equipment manufacturers suffered an amputation injury because a machine lacked adequate safety guarding.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable news focuses around cable providers expanding more into smart home platforms and competitors combating with their own streaming devices/services.
- Tivo’s Big Consumer News Isn’t at CES by Mari Silbey, Given TiVo’s retail brand, you’d think the company would have a lot to say at CES, but that’s not the case this year.
- Comcast Digs Deeper Into Big Data by Alan Breznick, Comcast has quietly scooped up a small video metadata specialist to delve deeper into the programming that it delivers, improving the viewing experience for subscribers while opening up possible new advertising revenue opportunities for the giant US MSO.
- Comcast Unveils Smart Home Platform by Mari Silbey, At the CES show in Las Vegas, Comcast is offering a preview of its new smart home platform designed to simplify management and optimize the performance of a subscriber’s home network.
- Dish AirTV Launch Pairs OTA & OTT by Mari Silbey, The highlight today is news that Dish subsidiary AirTV is launching its AirTV Player, a streaming media box designed to combine online video with over-the-air television in a single unified interface.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.