Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
EAM news in the past couple weeks focused on drone beng an intricate part of maintenance industries and ways of increasing safety in the workplace.
- 6 Steps To Achieve Quality, Safety While Minimizing Wasteby Isabel Villegas, If you’re like most manufacturing companies, you’re operating in a business environment characterized by fluctuating raw materials costs and slimming margins. These factors have you continuously looking for ways to maximize time and resources, while also minimizing costs.
- Drones Improve Industrial Maintenance; Trapping Waste Energy by Andy Szal, Improving industrial maintenance with drones and trapping waste energy to power wearables.
Cable News around the Globe
Cable’s focus over the last couple weeks revolves around streaming within cable providers and new launch that have online services scared of losing customers.
- TiVo Sees Some Headwinds Coming by Alan Breznick, Despite strong continued growth prospects and overall revenue gains, TiVo is facing several headwinds in the new year, including a protracted legal battle with North America’s biggest cable operator.
- Charter Launches 5G Field Trials by Mari Silbey, Charter Communications will be the first US cable company to venture into 5G.
- Comcast Teases X1 With Xfinity Stream by Mari Silbey, Comcast has now introduced Xfinity Stream, an IP app for all Xfinity subscribers that mimics the X1 platform on Internet-connected devices.
- Verizon & Charter: No Sweet Valentines by Alan Breznick, The mooted union of Verizon and Charter does not exactly seem like a match made in heaven, according to a couple of key Wall Street analysts.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.