Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
Featured EAM CMMS stories revolve around new maintenance tools to prevent injury in factories, 3D printing adventures, and new ways of monitoring asset conditions.
- Report: OSHA Fines Exxon Mobil Over Nov. Explosion by Andy Szal, Federal labor regulators reportedly cited Exxon Mobil for nine workplace safety violations after an explosion at a Louisiana facility late last year.
- Oil Pipeline Rupture In Texas Spills 1,200 Barrels Of Crude by Associated Press, Authorities say about 50,000 gallons of crude oil spilled after a contractor accidentally cut an underground pipeline in Central Texas.
- MM: Autonomous Cars With Morals; A Robot’s Sense Of Touch by Andy Szal, IIn this Manufacturing Minute episode, a morality algorithm for autonomous cars and a robot with a sense of touch.
What’s Going on in the World of Cable?
Main cable updates focusing around new video platforms and IoT expansion in mobile.
- In the TV Biz, AT&T Walks a Tricky Line by Mari Silbey, When AT&T launched its DirecTV Now service, the company trotted out the rather damaging statement that it’s currently operating five separate video platforms.
- T-Mobile Claims NB-IoT First in the US by Dan Jones, T-Mobile says it is the first major mobile operator in the US to complete a trial — around Las Vegas — of narrowband IoT (NB-IoT) LTE technology, which uses low-power connectivity to enable long-term machine-to-machine (M2M) projects, such as smart sensors.
- AT&T Unveils Next-Gen Video Platform by Alan Breznick, AT&T plans to start testing a new cloud-based platform for its various consumer video services this summer, starting with its DirecTV Now streaming video product and DirecTV mobile app, and launch it commercially before year’s end.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.