Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS implementation around the globe
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against natural disasters and maintenance malfunctions.
- Flooding sweeps East amid ‘mind- boggling’ rains by John Bacon, Much of South Carolina was gripped by floodwaters early Monday, as emergency respondents promised renewed door-to-door searches for anyone still trapped after days of torrential rain.
- Investigation of Volkswagen emissions cheating zeroes in on two top engineers reported by The Wall Street Journal, Two top Volkswagen engineers who found they couldn’t deliver as promised a clean diesel engine for the U.S. market are at the center of a company probe into the installation of engine software designed to fool regulators, according to people familiar with the matter.
Cable news affecting your neighborhood
This week’s cable updates focus on cable providers and their plans for streaming service and how to regain their customer base against the competition.
- Comcast hopes to buy back cord cutters, but failure is inevitable by Toni Matthews, Comcast’s reaction to the streaming services being provided to customers and ways of attracting new customers and retaining current ones.
- TiVo Takes Aim With Bolt by Mari Silbey, TiVo is back with the TiVo Bolt, a new retail product that pulls together video from broadcast TV, pay-TV services and online apps in one “unified entertainment system.”
- How to Monetize WiFi (Part 1) by Alan Breznick, With over 11 million hot spots deployed by Comcast across the U.S, Alan discusses how cable providers can start making a profit off of this widespread usage.
- Comcast’s Watchable: Like YouTube… Sorta by Mari Silbey, After teasing its new Watchable online video service in August, Comcast officially launched the ad-supported platform in beta Tuesday morning. Content includes 29 online video networks which can be browsed by genre or by scanning through lists of trending videos and curated favorites.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.