Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your home or business.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on how preventive maintenance can help protect against auto and facility malfunctions.
- Crews Respond To Ammonia Leak At Pennsylvania Chicken Plant
by The Associated Press, Emergency crews say employees got out safely after ammonia leaked at a chicken processing plant in Pennsylvania, apparently from the facility’s refrigeration system.
- Ford Recalling 1.9M Vehicles To Replace Airbags by The Associated Press, Ford Motor Co. is recalling nearly 1.9 million vehicles in North America to replace faulty passenger-side front air bags made by Japanese supplier Takata Corp.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on the FCC’s set-top box debate, Google Chromecast, and AT&T fiber build.
- Wheeler Fights Back in Set-Top Battle by Mari Silbey, With more than 100,000 public comments on the record, and growing opposition from Congress, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Tom Wheeler finds himself in a defensive position trying to protect the Commission’s “Unlock the Box” set-top proposal.
- Fiber TV Wins Google Cast Update by Mari Silbey, With the Chromecast a hit at retail, Google Fiber’s decided to embed its casting technology directly into the Fiber TV set-top. The company announced it started pushing out Google Cast to Fiber subscribers June 1st and continue the rolling launch over the coming weeks.
- Verizon Drops Wireline Clues as Strike Ends by Mari Silbey, Verizon reached a tentative agreement with union workers over the Memorial Day weekend that promises to send employees back to their jobs starting June 1 after more than six weeks on strike.
- AT&T Preps for Big Fiber Build by Alan Breznick,Getting into shape to wire millions of US homes and businesses for speeds of up to 1 Gbit/s over the next few years, AT&T has placed itself on a heavy fiber diet.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.