Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS and Preventive Maintenance
- ExxonMobil Sued Over Baton Rouge Chemical Plant’s Emissions by Michael Kunzelman, An environmental group’s lawsuit claims ExxonMobil Corp. continues to violate Clean Air Act regulations despite a 2014 settlement over emissions from the company’s Baton Rouge chemical plant.
- Feds Look Into Ford F-150 Brake Problems by Andy Szal, Federal authorities are reportedly investigating potential brake problems on hundreds of thousands of Ford F-150 pickups.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on new video plans for providers and customer satisfaction ratings.
- Why D3.1 Isn’t on Every Cableco Agenda by Mari Silbey, For all of the industry enthusiasm around DOCSIS 3.1, not all independent cable operators are convinced it’s right for them.
- TiVo Teases New Retail Product by Mari Silbey, While acknowledging the continuing weakness of its consumer DVR business, which is prompting the company to reportedly axe 50 jobs and carry out other cost savings, TiVo Inc. redirected the retail conversation in an address to investors with an unexpected product announcement
- AT&T Cuts the Cord, Reveals OTT Video Plans by Mari Silbey, Following in the footsteps of Verizon and Sling TV, AT&T announced today that it will launch three new over-the-top video service offerings later this year. These include a DirecTV Now product, available as an app and delivering much of the same content available through DirecTV today.
- RCN brings call centers to Pa. from Philippines and finds customers happier by Bob Fernandez, RCN’ call volumes have decreased and its customers are happier since the company brought all of its calls back to the United States, RCN chief operating officer Chris Fenger said in an interview.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.