Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on how preventive maintenance can help prepare for and against disaster situations in nature and at work.
- 14 Million at Risk as Thunderstorms Threaten Plains, Midwest and South by Alexander Smith, Some 14 million Americans were facing violent thunderstorms Monday — with high-winds, large hail and tornadoes possible across a vast area from Lake Superior to the Mexican border.
- OSHA: Safety Failures Led To Fingertip Amputations At WI Cereal Factory by OSHA, A rotating airlock blade severed a worker’s three fingertips as he cleaned the machine at a Sussex subsidiary of organic food manufacturer Nature’s Path Foods Inc., an incident federal safety investigators found could have been prevented if the machine had been powered down fully.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on providers offering new streaming services and the New Charter.
- Wheeler to Cable: Stop Saying No by Alan Breznick, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler wants the cable industry to act more like the feisty, innovative underdog it was when he led the industry’s main trade group 30 to 35 years ago.
- Stick a Fork in It: The Charter Deals Are Done by Mari Silbey, Following final regulatory approvals the week of May 9th, 2016 Charter has now officially closed on its acquisitions of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks.
- Comcast Plans HDR Screenings for Rio Games by Mari Silbey, Comcast has big plans for the Olympics. On top of extended coverage from its NBCUniversal division and new features for sports fans bundled into its X1 TV platform, the cable operator has announced that it will stream live HDR video from the Rio Games.
- AT&T to Buy Streaming Expert QuickPlay by Brian Santo,n a further effort to bolster its video services capabilities, AT&T has agreed to terms to acquire QuickPlay, a company with a cloud-based streaming video system, for an undisclosed sum.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.