Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on preventive ways to help reduce maintenance and mechanical errors and also enhancements in automation that could replace mechanical jobs.
- Automating Food Distribution Warehouses by Wall Street Journal, Robotics company Symbiotic is trying to change the food distribution industry. The company has developed a system to automate warehouse jobs formerly done by humans.
- Volvo Recalls 127K Vehicles; Leak Can Cause Air Bag Problem by The Associated Press, Volvo is recalling about 127,000 cars and SUVs worldwide because the air conditioning can leak water into the vehicles and cause air bags to malfunction.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on the delayed answer on the FCC set-top box debate and new deals sparking in internet and cable.
- Vote Delay Sparks Set-Top Fray by Mari Silbey, Cutting short what promised to be a very long open Commission meeting, the FCC announced less than an hour before start time this morning that it would take the much-anticipated vote for the Set-Top Box Order off the day’s agenda.
- Harmonic’s New Comcast Deal Oozes Subtext by Mari Silbey, Harmonic announced last week that it’s signed a warrant agreement with Comcast that gives the cable company access to an investment stake in Harmonic of up to 10%
- TiVo’s Got 4K for Cable & More by Mari Silbey, TiVo is having trouble in the retail hardware market. But the company’s made big strides in the service provider channel, and through the merger with Rovi, it now has both a wider customer base and a broader portfolio of products.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.