Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
How EAM/CMMS can help in natural disasters
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on natural disasters around the country and how preventive measures can be taken with the use of an EAM/CMMS system.
- Valley and Butte Wildfires in California Force Thousands of Evacuationsby Miguel Almaguer and Erin McClam, The worst wildfire in a devastating season in California has destroyed more than 400 homes and businesses and forced 10,000 people to flee — some with only minutes to escape the raging flames.
- Japan’s Mount Aso Erupts, Blackening Sky, Disrupting Flights reported by Arata Yamamoto, Mount Aso, one of Japan’s most active volcano sites, erupted Monday, sending a plume of thick black smoke and ash more than a mile into the air and disrupting flights.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on Apple’s Fall line and the anticipated decision of the Charter and TWC deal.
- Apple Brings tvOS to Apple TV by Mari Silbey, Apple unveiled their fall products last week, and they believe the future of TV is apps. Apple is now introducing tvOS, the operating system for your television set. Launched in beta in conjunction with a new Apple TV box and remote, tvOS is Apple’s newest weapon in the living room entertainment wars.
- Comcast Hedges Cable Bets With NBCU by Mari Silbey, she mentions content licensing is still big business specifically for NBCUniversal, re transmission agreements are generating $500 million in revenue this year. And CEO Steve Burke thinks that number is below what other broadcasters are receiving, giving the network room to grow in the years to come.
- Shot Clock Starts on Charter Deals by Mari Silbey, It’s finally review time. Two and a half months after opening a docket on Charter’s proposed acquisitions of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, the FCC has started the informal 180-day shot clock for the review process. At the same time, the Commission has asked for public comments on the proposed deals with a deadline for submission of October 13.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.