Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on natural disasters and how they could be prevented with a CMMS and automation in the workplace that could be enhanced with a CMMS.
- Hurricane Newton Smashes Into Mexico’s Luxury Resort Area of Los Cabosby Alexander Smith, Hurricane Newton smashed into Mexico’s western coast early Tuesday, battering the upscale resorts of Los Cabos with 90-mph winds and driving rain.
- Should It Worry Everyone That 90% Of Workers Are Confident In Their Skills? by Chris Jones, As jobs change, new skills are needed, and there’s a real risk employees won’t be prepared. But there’s another skills gap that employers need to urgently address: who’s going to lead and train workers to have these new abilities?
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable news focuses on Altice new strategy in France and new strategies in the IoT space.
- Altice Takes M&A Route to Impose New Strategy by Ray Le Maistre, French cable giant Altice has opened its wallet again in an effort to take total control of SFR, the second-largest network operator in France, and to acquire two partners that provide it with network and customer care support solutions.
- Will ISPs Step Up to the IoT Challenge? by Carol Wilson, The Internet of Things is already upon us and promising to get much bigger. For all of its promise, and there is a ton, IoT is also set to deliver a world of confusion to many consumers. And that’s something the telecom industry can address if it chooses.
- Top TV Trends Heading Into IBC by Mari Silbey,The giant Amsterdam confab known as IBC begins next week and, as ever, the event mainly focuses on the issues important to content creators, such as content capture and post-production technology. But much of it also covers content distribution and, specifically, the systems that service providers are using to deliver programming to consumers.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.