Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s news focuses on new hotel developments and protecting manufacturing plants with an EAM CMMS.
- Park Hotels to launch with plenty of ‘heft, scale’ by Sean McCracken, While company officials are still finalizing the spinoff of new REIT Park Hotels & Resorts from Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Park CEO Tom Baltimore said he expects the size of his new company’s portfolio to be a significant advantage in the world of hotel REITs.
- Investigation Continues Into Blast At Kansas Chemical Plant by The Associated Press, Officials continue to investigate the cause of an explosion and fire that resulted in the release of chemicals from a chemical plant that was the focus of a 2009 settlement with a competitor over alleged violations of the federal Clean Air Act.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on acquisitions and new cable options from providers.
- Eurobites: DT, Huawei Claim Another 5G First by Iain Morris, Germany telco Deutsche Telekom AG and Chinese vendor Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. claim to have carried out the first demonstration of “autonomous” network slicing on a 5G network.
- Comcast Co-opts Cord-Cutters With Sling TV by Mari Silbey, Following on the heels of its Netflix integration, Comcast has now announced that it will bring Sling TV to the X1 platform.
- AT&T Puts Finishing Touches on DirecTV Now by Mari Silbey, AT&T will launch its over-the-top streaming service DirecTV Now today at a press event in New York City, but the final elements of the offering, as well as many aspects of the environment within which the telco will introduce its OTT product, are still coalescing.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.