Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these stories in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Winter Malfunctions
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prepare residents from natural disasters and winter equipment malfunctions.
- 48 People Evacuated After Being Stuck on Tram During Frigid Day in New Hampshire by Brian Burnell, Mountain officials confirmed that 48 people were in the tram suspended in the air of the Franconia ski area. According to Cannon Mountain, a service brake issue caused the tram to stop at 1:50 p.m. At 3:20 p.m., officials decided to make the evacuations.
- Winter Storm Brings Snow and Ice, Cancels Over 400 Flights by Alexander Smith, Hundreds of flights were canceled and millions of Americans faced a messy commute Monday as a winter storm began bringing snow and ice across the East and Midwest.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on possible acquisitions and policy changes in certain states.
- Google Fiber Fights for Pole Position
by Mari Silbey, Google Fiber prompts controversial policy changes in Louisville, Ky.; Midco plans DOCSIS 3.1 trials; Vyve goes gigabit with DOCSIS 3.0 and more.
- Comcast May Be Lone MSO Wireless Bidder
by Alan Breznick, Despite the allure of the FCC’s big broadcast spectrum auction next month, only one large US cable operator, Comcast, may end up participating in it.
- Is 2016 the Year TiVo Gets Acquired?
by Mari Silbey, It’s that time again. Time for rumors about TiVo selling out and selling off to one of the larger companies bandying about in the TV space. Who could one of the larger companies be?
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.