Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Manufacturing
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against weather damages and auto malfunctions.
- Blizzard cancellations top 13,000, spill into Tuesday reported by Ben Mutzabaugh, More than 1,645 Monday flights had been canceled, according to flight-tracking service FlightAware. And another 546 had already been canceled for Tuesday, raising the five-day cancellation tally to a whopping 13,400 since the Blizzard of 2016 began churning in the East.
- Ford recalls about 391K Ranger pickups due to air bag deathby Breaking Business, Ford is recalling nearly 391,000 Ranger pickups because the driver’s air bag inflators can explode with too much force and cause injuries.The recall covers trucks from the 2004 through 2006 model years in the U.S. and Canada.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s Cable updates focus on net neutrality and fourth quarter earnings for the major cable players.
- Bit Miles Won’t Balance Net Neutrality Debate by Mari Silbey, In one effort to level the playing field, Level 3 Communications Inc. has come up with a system for basing network interconnection agreements on the concept of “bit mile balance.”
- Verizon Feels Cord-Cutting Pinch by Mari Silbey, FiOS video penetration was slightly down year-over-year (35.3% versus 35.8%) as Verizon cited greater interest from customers in broadband-only subscriptions.
- Netflix Aces Q4 by Mari Silbey, On the heels of announcing global expansion to more than 130 new countries, Netflix released its quarterly earnings report last Tuesday with better-than-expected subscriber growth and solid revenue increases across domestic and international markets. The company now claims more than 75 million customers and believes it will add another 6 million in the first quarter of 2016.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.