Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on auto recalls in the U.S. and necessary facility maintenance improvements.
- Millions of Recalled Cars Roam the Road, Potentially Risking Lives by Paul Eisenstein, The U.S. recall rate rose to 50 million last year setting the second consecutive record and said to be the potential cause of recent auto accidents.
- Re- Tuning Buildings for Improved Facility Performance by Laurie Gllmer, She discusses the top three energy uses in buildings and how making building improvements and upgrades is essential to facility maintenance.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on FCC’s priorities for 2016 and new acquisitions.
- Verizon Ups ‘Awesomeness’ Quotient for Go90 by Mari Silbey, Although there’s no word yet on whether consumers are buying into Verizon’s mobile-first Go90 video service, the telco has decided to invest yet more money in building up its millennial-focused, digital content library.
- Hulu Joins Cablevision Lineup by Mari Sileby, Hulu is now officially part of Cablevision’s channel lineup. After announcing plans to resell Hulu almost a year ago, Cablevision Systems has unveiled a new service integration with the online video provider, giving Hulu its own channel as part of the Optimum cable TV service.
- Wheeler’s FCC Not Slowing Down by Carol Wilson, The FCC has four major priorities left in 2016 causing it to be a busy year. Those include the wireless spectrum incentive auction, making sure the US is prepared to be a 5G leader, closing the digital divide and opening up the cable set-top boxes.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.