Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on preventive auto recalls and IIoT in facilities.
- Illuminating The Path To IIoT by Mick Wilcox, There is no question that the IIoT holds enormous potential for improving operational efficiency in factories and warehouses. Learn what benefits facilities are receiving from implementing IIoT into their facilities.
- Tesla Recalling 2,700 Model X SUVs by Andy Szal, Tesla Motors said that it is voluntarily recalling Model X SUVs over concerns that the third row of seating could unexpectedly fold forward during an accident.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on social networks incorporating wireless connections and gigabit plans across TV providers.
- Gigabites: Facebook vs. Google in Gig City Race by Mari Silbey, Welcome to another Gigabites. This week, Facebook and Google Fiber both flaunt their wireless gigabit plans, while virtual reality apps promise to make good use of gigabit broadband in the near future.
- Verizon Throws Surprise FiOS Party for Boston by Mari Sileby, After years of winding down its FiOS investments, Verizon made a surprise announcement last week stating that it will extend its fiber network into Bean Town with plans to negotiate a TV franchising agreement as well.
- Fiber TV First, but Google’s Eyeing OTT by Mari Silbey, Google Fiber may be offering TV service over its own gigabit broadband network today, but the company would rather be in the over-the-top TV business.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.