Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS and Preventive Maintenance
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS to help prevent maintenance malfunctions and natural disasters.
- Up to 90 million more Takata airbag inflators may face U.S. recalls by Paul Lienert and David Shepardson, U.S. auto safety regulators are examining whether an additional 70 million to 90 million Takata Corp (7312.T) airbag inflators should be recalled because they may endanger drivers, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.
- Massive rock slide closes major Colorado highway indefinitely by Associated Press, A major east-west highway in western Colorado is closed indefinitely after a rock slide in the deep and narrow Glenwood Canyon.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on FCC new policies and online streaming services looking to take gain from cable.
- AT&T Winds Down U-verse TV Era by Mari Silbey, AT&T broadcast its intentions to migrate away from the U-verse TV platform last year, but the road map got a little clearer this week with new statements from the financial analyst community and AT&T itself.
- FCC votes in favor of new set-top box rule by Bryan Clark, The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) today approved a new rule that would allow customers to drop their leased set-top boxes in favor of less expensive and more feature-rich alternatives.
- Is 2016 the Year TiVo Gets Acquired? by Mari Silbey, Netflix closed the last of its data center operations supporting its streaming video service last week, and now boasts a “cloud-native” architecture powering not only its consumer- facing services, but also its billing infrastructure and data management systems. The architecture rests in the public cloud, using virtual storage and computing instances operated by Amazon Web Services.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.