Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS and Preventive Maintenance
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS can help protect against data breaches and natural disasters.
- Royal Caribbean cruise ship damaged in storm forced to abandon latest voyage by Associated Press, A cruise ship that was battered by a major Atlantic storm earlier this month was headed back to its home port Sunday as another squall threatened its current voyage.
- NHS suffers 105 security breaches over personal data in last year by Matthew Gilley, Security beaches over personal data held by the NHS nearly doubled to more than 10 during the last financial year.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on gigabit broadband service and fourth quarter earnings for select cable providers.
- TV Everywhere Picking Up Steam by Alan Breznick, Is TV Everywhere finally getting somewhere? Yes, but still at a very deliberate pace. In the latest quarterly analysis by Adobe Systems Inc., TV Everywhere (TVE) penetration of US pay-TV homes climbed in the fourth quarter of last year to 17.4%.
- Is Cablevision Turning Its Ship Around? by Alan Breznick, Gearing up for its proposed acquisition by Altice, Cablevision Systems posted better customer metrics for the fourth quarter and all of 2015 but continues to struggle with video subscriber losses and shrinking profit margins.
- AT&T Targets MDUs for GigaPower by Alan Breznick, Seeing the rapid growth in apartments and rental properties in the US, AT&T is placing an increasing emphasis on pursuing that market with gigabit broadband service.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.