When it comes to your business, it is always important to stay relevant and advised on what is going on in the industry and how that directly affects your business and best practices to maintain your assets.
Mintek is here to bring you up to date selected links to stories around the web relating to EAM & CMMS.
Maintenance and Management Practices Directly Affecting Your Business
In this section, I have included articles from around the web focusing on asset, document, and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics relating to EAM CMMS software. Are you making the most of your assets?
- Researchers Sound Alarm on Health IT Maintenance By Sheri Porter, who addresses that new research development in the health care industry will suffer due to low-resource practices and the inability to maintain their health records because they lack the proper technology.
- 5 Manufacturing Technology Trends in 2015 By Tyler Bishop discusses the top trends in manufacturing technology that relate to new software and processes being developed and the impact on businesses.
- Hi-Tech and Big Data offer hope to battered U.S. oil industry by Ernest Scheyder discusses this Oil’s company approach to using big data and technology to store their assets and gain more client inquiries in a three month span than they had received over the past two years.
- 5 Key Trends in the Irrigation Industry by Steve Trusty, who talks about better ways of water maintenance and efficiency to control costs and waste.
- Water Insecurity Costs Global Economy Billions a Year by Randall Hackley, explains how water insecurity costs the global economy almost 500 billion each year due to wrongful practices of water management and ways to get back on track.
- Austin Launches Texas’ Inaugural PACE Program, Unleashes Private Funding for Water and Energy Efficiency by EDF Staff, who mentions how PACE will benefit small businesses bottom line through energy savings and being equipped with new technology to monitor HVAC, lighting, etc. to save even more money down the road.
- Middle East Oil and Gas Companies Urged to Innovate From Growing Volume to Optimizing Operations by Claire McPeak, states how oil prices are growing by 20% in just 2015, and with the demand continuing over the next two years, these companies will need to put stronger demand in place for technology; 70 percent of oil and gas companies will invest in evolving their IT by 2016. When demand rises, your management systems need to be equipped to keep up.
- Spring Maintenance checklist by BreAnn Stephenson, who goes through the proper spring checklist in order to maintain your home and outside facilities; even the most of simple tasks still need an effective management system.
- Amid Calls to Divest, School Explore Green Revolving Funds by Heather Goldstone, who discusses a few colleges, including Harvard University, who are practicing and preaching regarding energy efficiency and ways to overcome through better maintenance practices.
- Three Data Center Cost Reductions Hiding in Plain Sight by Steven Carlini, he explains how data center power and cooling infrastructures waste almost 50 percent of their power every day, but investments towards virtualization could help energy costs significantly.
- Commercial Property Maintenance: Top 3 Challenges Every Owner Face This article discusses daily struggles owners face relating to energy-efficiency, tenant retention, repairing electrical systems, and above all having the right management firm in place to help facilitate.
- 7 Property Maintenance Tips for Spring by Kyle Clapham, states that following these simple tips will allow you to identify your management system in place and changes that need to be made.
- Data Breaches Common in Health Care Industryby Nathan Eddy, he goes into how more than 26 % of healthcare respondents reported that their organizations experienced a data breach, but 63% of health care IT departments are now planning to spend more in organization and management systems to offset those data threats.
- Digital Ocean Opens New Data Center in Germany by THN News, this article discusses the cloud infrastructure software expanding into Germany that will help with their with growing technology and information sector, along with Germany’s startup ecosystem.
- How Amazon’s New Machine Learning Service Can Help in Data Center Management By YEVGENIY SVERDLIK, he explains that the new data system will allow a high volume of data to be ingested, stored, and then be able to make predictions in real time, which will save on time and produce better management results.
- Data Centers: Total Cost of Ownership and Cost of Risk by Colleen Miller, she discusses the current security breach issues with a couple major companies, such as Home Depot and Target, and how this directly affects the use of third party services like data centers causing a higher risk for data loss and business disruption. How can we protect these services and their assets?
- 4 Tactics Cities Use for Better Management by Mark Pomerleau, explains how cities are taking a bigger effort into how their operations work for their citizens and ways of improvement. Cities are looking to provide available data via wireless communication and also track the performance in a management system allowing for improvements in the future and measuring effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Water Damage Prevention for Commercial Buildings by Slany, he says that particularly dealing with commercial buildings you will experience plumbing issues, and the best way to track is through an efficient management system that alerts your workers when there is a problem before it gets too costly.
- Farmer Innovation: Improving Africa’s Food Security through Land and Water Management by Robert Winterbottom and Chris Reij, they spoke about ways of management through food and land sources in places, such as Africa that have limited resources to begin with and the 25% increase they have received performing their simple practices.
- Algeria’s Experience in Water Management presented by South Korea posted by Algerian press, it speaks of how the structure of a maintenance facility can have just as much of an effect on the results as the actual services provided.
- Efficient Water Management Key to Achieving Sustainable Water Goals in Islamabad, posted by the Pakistan Ki Awaz news, stated that the Federal Minister of Climate Control reported that an efficient management of depleting freshwater resources around the world, particularly in his area, needs to be achieved through a socio-economic development plan to retain the freshwater left and their ways of achieving this goal.
- Clearswift Unveils Industry-First Adaptive Data Loss Prevention Solution posted by Enhanced online news, this article discusses the first adaptive data loss prevention system, called Argon, that will allow work flow data to be interrupted to catch breaches and prevent maintenance issues from happening.
- Issues loom for keyless entry in hotels by HNN contributor, they explain that integrating the room-less key could bring integration problems without proper technical support and management.
- Hotel construction costs continue to rise by Robyn Friedman, she goes over the asset and financial implementations that need to go into these new construction facilities before opening and the cost associated with them.
- Management Theories and Practices in the Hospitality Industry by Heidi Grover, she focuses on a two part system where the management system should focus on its workers and their productivity at the same level as economic trends that could impact the financial side of hotel businesses.
- 4 ways to differentiate your hotel by Peter Connolly, he remarks that identifying key indicators that differentiate your hotel from another will allow you to relate to your customers more and have better tracking of your assets through proper management.
- Marriott International to open 52 hotels in India in 5 years– Expansion of the Marriott brand in India brings forth new opportunity to expand its management system and grow into other countries as well.
- Asset Managers Share How to Drive Rate by Shawn Turner, he discovers that hotel managers should push industry performance and technology to see a better rate return than before.
- Water Shortages Threaten Hotel Industry by Ed Watkins, he says that hotels are being targeted as high water consumers in states, like California, that are experiencing high draught situations and are caused to come up with better management systems.
- Guests Support Sustainability by HNN Newswire, they state that hotels are becoming environmentally sustainable and consumers are participating in their practices.
- Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center Officially opensby Hyatt Hotels, they describe their newly designed hotel that offers a business and leisure feel to accommodate their guests and boost consumer satisfaction.
- India’s Online Hotel Bookings to Touch $1.8 Billion by 2016by Tech News, this article focuses on the online space is growing rapidly in India with over 1 billion bookings in the upcoming year for travel compared to the $0.8 billion currently tracked.
- UK Tops List as European Hotel Development Pipeline Falls by Tom Davis, he speaks out about how UK does not seem to be affected by the 7.2% decrease in hotel construction in Europe, but instead capitalizing on it.
- Japans Robot Hotel opens July 17 by Lee Matthews, he discusses Japans way of the future with their robotic hotel that will be equipped with robots to help in all aspects of the hotel stay, from check in, to baggage claim, and test the customer experience.
- Karma Royal Group Announces Restructure To Support Global Expansion posted by Industry News, it discusses the groups way of breaking up the structure of the company into separate divisions and those divisions being put under a different management system to achieve success.
- Why your hotel can’t afford to overlook these emerging economies By David Chestler, he explains that hotels need to manage and track their assets to support the influx of tourism from these emerging countries, like China.
- JetBlue Wants to Turn Former TWA Terminal Into Hotel by Craig Karmin and Ted Mann, they mention how airport hotels are emerging in the lodging sector as developers and investors seek new ways to tap into their top cities without paying premiums for downtown addresses. This location appeal is a benefit to the consumer and the owner.
- White Lodging Confirms Second Breach by Brian Krebs, he says how faulty maintenance systems can become subject to a breach not once but twice. Find out preventative ways to reduce this problem.
- China’s capital welcomes the first NUO hotel posted by NUO Hotels, this hotel not only focuses on the tourism influx, but has a “green” template showcasing its energy efficient system that filters up to 90% of energy particles in the hotel.
- Hotel Design: Features and Flaws by Ariane Colenbrander, she focuses on how the look and feel of a hotel impacts consumer consumption and in turn reflects on the management system.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.